BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I hope that you see right through my walls

That title right up there holds the 9 truest words ever. Isn't everyone hiding behind some sort of wall, but in reality, they just want to be seen and to be heard? Me thinks so. Even those who are so perfectly content with themselves and how they are still have a thin blanket in front of who they really are. Christina Perri gets me, guys. SHE GETS ME. 

Anyway, I've been listening to Arms by Christina Perri for about 3 days now. Nonstop. And I'm still not tired of it. Something about her voice and the lyrics speak to me. Like, they really speak to me. Even though I feel like someone who is comfortable with myself, there are always times when someone asks me how I'm doing and I say "Great!" or "Awesome! Yourself?" and I'm actually feeling absolutely terrible and in reality I just want to curl up in a ball and melt. I want people to see through that, to ask again how I'm really doing. Hardly anyone ever does though. Which I guess I should be fine with, seeing as I did lie to them by saying I was okay. I just want people to know me well enough to be like "No darling, you aren't great. You're bluffing, and I know it. Tell me what is really going on."

There are 6 days of school left and I cannot believe it. I'm afraid that I'll lose friendships over the summer because I will be gone so much, but I'm also kind of excited to start off new and fresh next year.. Not that I want summer to be shorter or anything. I've been noticing people's personalities changing a lot recently, and it bothers me. Like, what are they going to be like when I get back from summer!? I talked to a friend about it, and she said she felt the same way about the same people, so at least someone gets me. 

Alright, I think that's enough for now. See all of you after finals. You rock. 

AND GO LISTEN TO THAT SONG. Seriously. You won't regret it.

Jessica, I don't know if you can access the tubes, but, if not, I'll send you a recording. I would go to such lengths. It's just that good.

"I hope that you catch me, cause I'm already falling" is also a fabulous working of Christina Perri's lyrical genius.






3 comments:

themajessty said...

SEND ME THE RECORDING!

The tubes take too long to load.

(Damn it, why do I keep thinking of FALLOPIAN TUBES?!)

nala said...

Ahahaha alright Jess. Will do. You might even get to hear my sleep deprived voice! Winner! :)

Epicality said...

Oh my gosh! I've noticed people getting meaner too! I don't know if it's just stress because of the end-of-school-year cramming, or people are just genuinely getting mean...