Today is the last day of break. It is quite quite sad. Honestly, I didn't even do very much, but I want to write out everything I did so that I will A) feel mildly accomplished, and B) finally blog again.
Day 0: OUT OF SCHOOL! whoowhoo! I went to a breakfast place with my friend despite the fact it was 1:00 in the afternoon. I felt like a rebel, but this little adventure wasn't rebellious at all.
Day 1: The power went out in my neighborhood and the surrounding ones. So, I didn't do much. I basically made a fort, and slept under 15 blankets. It was fun, don't judge. (:
Day 2: I went caroling. It was super cute and fun. We all wore our Christmas hats, and looked just like in the movies. Also, people actually opened their doors, which was nice because it was absolutely freezing.
Day 3: Christmas Eve! My parents went last minute shopping and, well, I did a post about that day, so you hopefully maybe already read it.
Day 4: Christmas! Well, since we open our presents on Christmas Eve, there really isn't much to do on Christmas day, other than videochatting my friend. It was enjoyable.
Day 5: Boxing Day... yeah. Well, I went to my friend's house. We acted like crazy-faces, and planned a flashmob. Currently 4 people have committed. It doesn't matter though because we will recruit more. We are going to flashmob to the song "Whip my Hair", and if we follow through, it will be awesome.
Day 6: Still at my friends house. We went shopping, but I wasn't aware and didn't bring money, which was very sad. When I got home, I had a letter from Janie in the mail. It was absolutely fantastic. I ran downstairs and couldn't contain myself.
Day 7: Hung out with myself. Nothing exciting.
Days 8 and 9: I can't even remember what happened. This is so strange. (edit: Oh, I was babysitting..)
Day 10: New Years Eve. Basically this day involved me forever being stuck in the past according to Adi and Jay, and they wouldn't go more than a few minutes without letting me know that I was in the past. I also babysat.
Day 11: New Years. I watched a movie in Chinese (there were subtitles). It was a really cute movie about these couples. It was called "Hot Summer Days". I wish I could say I learned a tiny bit of Chinese, but I did not. I still only know "hello" and "thank you". Anyway, the movie was cute, really, really cute. It was well done, although there were some animated fish in a fish tank.. That was a bit funny. (:
Day 12: Hi, people. Day 12 is today. It is my last day of break, and I cringe at the thought of filling my brain with knowledge once again. It isn't learning I'm afraid of, it's the fact that I need to do really well this time around. I need to try harder, even though I honestly think I tried my hardest last semester. I need to retain the information that is brought to me in pages and pages of worksheets and books. There is no variety in the way school presents information, and so I think I'm going to have to find a way to teach myself. I'm sure it's the only way for me to learn. Online school sounds really appealing at the moment... Almost as appealing as Montessori does. Or a school based on discussion. I would do so much better. Anywho, I'm not really doing anything today. I'll probably read a few more pages of my AP Euro book, but that's it.
tootle-oo my dears :)
Sunday, January 2, 2011
The End of Break.
Posted by nala at 10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment