Okay people, I didn't get Mumford and Sons tickets. Please cry for me starting now. I think every single other person in the entire school managed to get the tickets that sold out in six minutes, but I did not. I'm a bit bitter. Half of those people don't even know all of their songs. Probably more than half. Grrrrrr. Do you understand how awesomely amazing it would be to see Mumford and Sons!? I sure don't, and will not ever know anymore. It would be the highlight of my summer for sure. Now we can add this fantastic band to the pile of other artists I have been wanting to see, but was not able to. I tried to guilt trip my dad, but alas, he DID try to get them for me, but he wasn't fast enough.
Also, this week I started a little autobiography thing of my sophomore year, which would be this year. I haven't gotten too far, but I figured I would type up the first paragraph or so here, and you can all feast your eyes on it..
"Today, Tuesday April 5th, 2011, I am beginning the story of my Sophomore Year of highschool, which I have 7 and a half weeks left of.
Sophomore year was the year of sparklers, friendships, failure, chemistry, european history AP, and writing notes and scribbles to myself. I think that this year I have learned more about myself and others than ever before. I've learned the internet isn't just for creepy old men. I've learned that talent is everywhere, and that my parents have held me back from a lot a could've learned. I've learned that people don't show how much they actually care. I've learned the power of music in all forms. I've learned that I'm too tall for regular length pants, but too short for tall pants. I've learned that the world is unfair, but youth knows how to overcome that. I've met countless people on sparknotes.com who shaped me more than the people I see everyday. I've learned that some people have hearts of gold, and some will just never understand. I've learned how to keep certain stuff to myself, and how to get around difficulties. I've learned that I love to write, no matter how terrible my writing is. I've learned that being an American student, I have become extremely brainwashed, and now see how stupid Americans truly are. I've learned that no matter what, people will know more and experience more than me, but my best is always good enough."
So there it is. It definitely doesn't flow as I would want it to, but I am writing all of this in a notebook in pen so that I will be completely raw and can write in a stream of conscious style. It's all just in the back of a section of my math spiral which I bring to school every day, and since names are used later in it, I have to make sure I don't let anyone touch it, or start looking through it.
On a completely separate note, I have been very annoyed lately. It's quite annoying for me to feel annoyed, because I usually let things roll off of me pretty well and keep happy, but in the past week I've just been annoyed with people. For example, I just left a club I was at because I just didn't like how I was being treated, and I was just.. gah. I don't even know. And then last night I went to go see the school's play with a friend, and I was just SO ANNOYED, and I was totally showing it, and I didn't even care. I need to start talking to people, but I don't want to kill relationships, and since I'm awesome at pretending that I was just "out of it, not mad at you, something else", I always just pretend nothing is wrong.
I really don't want this post to end on such a sour note, but I don't think I can help it. I guess I could tell you that it looks absolutely beautiful outside.
And hey, here is some great music for you to listen to:
Here is a song to make you happy: Give a Little by Hanson
Or, if you want to listen to what I'm listening to... Winter Winds by Mumford and Sons
Kay, byebye dears! (:


1 comments:
Mumford sons are AWESOMENESS.
I've only heard a few of their songs, but...I like it.
STAY AWESOME.
XOXO, JESS
(Yes, VPN is fickle. I can actually use it now. Ugh.)
Post a Comment