Well isn't this a rarity? Me posting twice in two days! WHOO!
I'm posting because I AM SO FLIPPIN' EXCITED FOR SUMMER CAMP.
I'm going to an spanish immersion camp for 2 weeks, and AH! I am so excited. My thoughts are not coherent, so don't judge me. Actually, do judge me, I don't really care.
Anywho, camp is a couple of months away, but I feel like it is just around the corner. It'll be in the woods over the summer, and I hate bugs with all of my being, but luckily the places I will be they have cleared so there should be less. Usually in a situation like this I would be super nervous and awkward and scared to go somewhere where I know no one, but I'm actually really excited. I'm not afraid I won't make friends at all. I mean, how could I live with these people for two whole weeks and not talk to them?
Also, the camp is beauuuuutiful. Really, really pretty.
Most importantly, I love spanish more than life itself. A lot of people say they hate it because they are lazy and obnoxious. I love it because it is beautiful and so eloquent and because when I speak it I don't even realize that it isn't my first, or even second language. Being my third language I would think I would be like "EW, LANGUAGE. GET OFF ME". But I adore it. I am so bloody excited to be with people who feel the same way, and who aren't 50 year old teachers.
Plus, I'm going to a few Spanish speaking cruises later on in the summer after camp, and I'm going to be such a pro at speaking with the locals. That's pretty exciting. I mean, my dad already is fluent, so he could talk for me if I blank, but I totally won't blank.
If you actually followed this, props to you. I'm such a better writer than comes through on my blog. It's a bit frustrating, but these are basically my thoughts pouring from my brain to the keyboard. Yay.
--nala
PS. I also get to eat food from spanish speaking countries the WHOLE TIME. And...they are going to make all vegetarian meals for me. Now isn't that considerate? I think sooo.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Posted by nala at 8:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
HAVE FUN IN YOUR CAMP!
No judging, promise. UNLESS YOU FAIL TO LOSE YOUR VIRGINITY AT CAMP.
Apparently, camps are a good place to sneak behind the bushes and get fingered.
So, uh, good luck with that.
LOL.
Ohh, Jess. :)
Thanks a million. If only I could fit EVERY stereotype of camps. How messed up I would be.
Love you <3
Spanish Immersion Camps? They exist?! I thought it was only a myth!! :P
But seriously. Have fun. Lots of it. And take into account what Lemons said.
Ha. Ha ha. I thought it was funny.
...
Kay, I'm getting awkward. I should probably go now before I say something really stupid.
Watermelon bars.
Thanks Eeshie! You're hilarious :)
YAAAAAY. This sounds fun.
And your thoughts are easy to follow, I don't know what you're talking about!!! xD
Post a Comment